vrijdag 2 december 2011

Accept The Change - Escapism Is A Dying Art (2011)

Genre: Melodic Hardcore
“I am a soulsearcher, I am a restless ghost. I’m an escapist who lost his art.” is how Accept The Change’s debut album begins with Tom’s passionate vocals, yet filled with pain.
Accept The Change is a melodic hardcore band hailing from the small town where I spent my childhood. I honestly never thought that one of my favorite albums of 2011 would come from my hometown. In all seriousness, I saw this band last night at their release show for their debut album “Escapism Is A Dying Art” and I can honestly say, that I’ve never seen something like last night before. Especially their vocalist’s passion was something that I think I’ll remember for a long time. Two examples, Tom walked on stage and the first (and almost only) thing he said was: “I’m not going to say much, but please give me a reason for doing this.” and the fact that Tom screamed the first two minutes of the last song of their set (Inhibition) without a mike and with tears in his eyes. This record is about his depression and he wrote (and screamed) it in such an emotional way that made me have so much respect from the bottom of my heart for this guy. His lyrics are one of the finest I’ve ever read in this genre and to think that this man lives in the town where I grew up, almost feels like an honour. I’m not going to give any more examples, find it out yourself and you’ll understand exactly what I mean. Concerning their music, these guys have grown sooooo hard. I remember their demo, which I didn’t like at all. But now, they just sound so much more mature and they just found their way in the genre and know how to play it well. The guitars (Jasper, Ruben, Jente) did such an amazing job. I was especially a big fan of the lead guitars, they really sound like melodic hardcore should sound. It are the little things, for example the beautiful background riffs, the high noted melodies, just the passion the guitar is played with. Christophe (drums) also started sounding much better (read: amazing). I kinda have the feeling that he (actually all of them) just became much more mature and learned that there is so much more you can put in your genre except for “the basic hardcore conventions” and this is what separates Accept The Change from a lot of other bands out there.
Do you guys know how often I use the term goosebumps in all of my posts? Well, that was just a way of describing a band’s music genre and the way of playing it. Well, I think that I had actual goosebumps for the first time in my life while I listened to a song, which was the last song of the 12”, called “Inhibition”. I can’t describe with words what I felt hearing that song, so speak for yourself…
If you came this far reading this review you would probably know that the following part of the review is the ‘promotion-part’ . Now, I’m on my knees begging you please to buy this 12” or at least check this 12” out and show them some love of yours by ‘liking’ them on their facebook, or by going to one of their shows (They have a Euro-tour with Manbearpig in February) and buy some merch. Each single one of them are so friendly and so grateful. So please, this band really needs your love and support.

This is for promotional use only, support bands by going to shows, buying merch, ordering the records,...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten